Stand up paddle boarding is a lot of fun. Inflatable paddleboards are convenient and easy to transport. There are some great accessories that can enhance your paddleboarding experience even more. Things like electric pumps and better paddles make using your board easier and more fun. Let’s take a look at some of the best inflatable paddleboard accessories available today.
- The 25 Best Inflatable Paddle Board Accessories
- 1 – Electric Pump
- 2 – Electric Pump Battery
- 3 – Carbon Paddle
- 4 – Cooler
- 5 – Changing Robe
- 6 – Speaker
- 7 – Inflatable belt pack PFD
- 8 – Dry bag
- 9 – Floating Phone Case
- 10 – Kayak seat
- 11 – Kayak Conversion Kit
- 12 – SUP deck bag
- 13 – Paddleboard bungee cord
- 14 – Landing Mat
- 15 – Red Paddle Co Silent Air Remover
- 16 – Anchor
- 17 – Fishing rod holder
- 18 – Paddleboard carrier
- 19 – SUP leash
- 20 – SUP LED Lights
- 21 – GoPro camera
- 22 – Water bottle
- 23 – Rashguard
- 24 – Polarized Sunglasses
- 25 – SUP sock
- Wrap Up
- You might also like:
- Recent Paddling Articles
The 25 Best Inflatable Paddle Board Accessories
1 – Electric Pump
Hand pumping inflatable paddle boards is the single worst thing about inflatable paddle boards. Pumping a board up to 12-15 psi with a hand pump takes a lot of effort. An electric SUP pump is the best paddle board accessory you can get for an inflatable board. An electric pump lets you save your energy and arm strength of paddling instead of using it to pump.
The downside is that they are a little noisey and don’t reallly save you time. An electric pump will take 8-10 minutes to pump the average board. A person might take 6-10 minutes depending on how many breaks they take. The effort you save makes them worth it especially if you have to pump up several boards. I personally use the iRocker electric pump and Outdoor Master Shark 2 and Whale Pumps. The Outdoor Master Shark is great for pumping several boards in a row. The iRocker electric pump is faster and more compact for pumping 1 to 2 boards.
The Outdoor Master Whale has a built in rechargeable battery freeing you from your vehicle.
- iRocker Electric Pump – The exclusive iROCKER 12v electric pump inflates all our iSUPs in 12 minutes or less and will also deflate as well
- Compact and Easy to Use – Complete with a convenient carry handle and cord storage compartment, it easily fits in the top pocket of our new Paddle Board bags
- Max PSI – 20 PSI
- Fast inflation – Can inflate most boards in 8 minutes
New iRocker Ultra Collection Just Launched! Up to 30% lighter in a 50% smaller package! Shop Ultra now and save $150 at iRocker.com
See our guide to the best electric inflatable SUP pumps to learn about all the pump options.
2 – Electric Pump Battery
You will love your electric pump even more when you don’t have to hook it up to your car to use it. A battery allows you the freedom to use an electric paddleboard pump anywhere. Once you have one you won’t ever want to go back to being stuck next to your car to inflate and deflate your boards. The Nixy Battery Power Pack has enough juice to inflate at least 3 paddleboards. More depending on the size and pressure. It also doubles as a flashlight and has USB outlets for powering and charging your phone or camera.
NIXY BATTERY POWER PACK
- PORTABLE AND POWERFUL – Inflate up to 3 boards
- MULTIUSE -12-V cigarette lighter output , USB output and bright flash light
- EASY TO USE – LCD Display shows remaining power
3 – Carbon Paddle
The next thing that will improve your paddle experience a lot is a better SUP paddle. Most under $500 paddleboards all come with a similar 3 piece aluminum paddle. It has a flat blade shape and they wobble at the joints between the shaft parts. They aren’t great but they work good enough. A carbon paddle with a stiffer shaft and better blade shape will make paddling the stand up paddle board feel a lot better. You’ll get a lot more go out of each paddle stroke. Turning the board will be easier also. I use an Aqua-Bound Challenge Paddle.
Aqua-Bound Challenge 85 2-Piece Stand-Up Paddle
- MADE IN OSCEOLA, WISCONSIN, USA – Like all Aqua-Bound paddles, the Challenge 85 is hand-built in our facility in Wisconsin, staffed by paddling enthusiasts.
- 85 SQ. IN. CARBON REINFORCED BLADE – The carbon reinforced blade has an aggressive dihedral down its spine which is perfect for high-cadence paddlers looking for a smooth forward stroke.
- 100% CARBON SHAFT – The 100% carbon shaft offers exceptional durability while providing a low swing weight.
4 – Cooler
Who doesn’t like to have some cold drinks or a snack out on the water? Putting a cooler on your board can help keep your food and drinks from overheating on a hot day. They can attach to your D-Rings so you won’t lose it if you flip the board.
iROCKER Cooler Deck Bag
- The iROCKER Cooler Deck Bag features a water-resistant design to keep your snacks dry and your drinks cold
- Equipped with clips on the bottom of the cooler deck bag to perfectly attach to the cargo area D-Rings on the front of your board.
- Sized perfectly large enough to fit the essentials but not too large to allow for storage of additional cargo.
- Dimensions: 13″ x 12″ x 6″
See our review of the iRocker Cooler Deck Bag to learn more.
5 – Changing Robe
There isn’t always a good place to change where you want to paddleboard. There is no privacy or it’s cold or what if it starts to rain. A changing robe can solve all your problems. They are big enough to easily swap clothes underneath without exposing yourself. They are big and warm so you won’t freeze after taking off a wetsuit. They are comfortable to wear while you are warming up after getting out of the water too. Voited makes one of the best changing robes available.
VOITED OUTDOOR CHANGE ROBE & DRYCOAT
- Maximize your outdoor adventures with the insulated and waterproof personal shelter. Get changed outside, inside – our VOITED DryCoat allows you to do more of what you love whilst staying dry and warm, wherever you go and whatever the weather.
6 – Speaker
Having some sounds out on the water can make your day a lot more fun. A waterproof speaker mounted on your stand up paddleboard can give you enough volume to enjoy music. It will still let you hear everything going on around you. Make sure that the people you are paddling with like your taste in music before you blast it really loud.
Speaqua Barnacle Vibe 2.0 – Waterproof, Floatable, Loud, Bluetooth Speaker
- 100% WATERPROOF – Speaqua’s Vibe series is insanely waterproof (IP68). Our unique design is the only speaker that can be fully submerged for continuous underwater play up to 6 feet and is virtually indestructible in & out of water.
- DUSTPROOF & SANDPROOF – dustproof and shockproof construction to ensure that you can have powerful audio wherever adventure takes you.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY – Our speakers use the latest Bluetooth technology that allows for up to 33 feet of connectivity.
- WATER PLAY – Product’s enabled with Water play rank for the highest level of waterproofing capacity (IP68) and have the ability to store music offline (Internal Memory).
See our Speaqua Vibe 2.0 review to learn more.
7 – Inflatable belt pack PFD
A life jacket is a good idea if you’re paddling far from shore or your paddling in conditions where you might fall in. If you are a new paddle boarder they are a good idea as well to wear all the time. An inflatable belt pack PFD is a good way to carry a PFD that isn’t as bulky as a life jacket. Inflatable belt pack should only be used by strong swimmers in protected waters.
Onyx Unisex Belt Pack Manual Inflatable Life Jacket (PFD)
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved Inflatable Belt Pack – Manual Inflation
- 16 gram CO2 charge provides 17 lbs. of buoyancy
- The oral inflation tube can be used by the wearer to provide additional buoyancy up to 26.5 lbs.
- Secure Pull – clips to life jacket; allows for quick release when pulled for inflation
- Low profile design does not inhibit movement
See our review of the Onyx M16 Inflatable Belt Pack to learn more.
8 – Dry bag
A dry bag or waterproof pouch is a good way to keep your gear dry while you are out on the water. Dry bags come in a variety of sizes to fit all of your needs. You can get bags or waterproof fanny pack pouches to wear around your waist. These are good for your wallet, food, extra clothes, electronics, or food that has to stay dry.
iRocker Backpack Drybag and Cooler
- 30L capacity, fits up to 24 cans or 18 bottles
- Thick insulation to keep ice 12-72 hours
- 2 large mesh side pockets
- Also utilize as a dry bag or even store wet gear, clothes and towels
- Padded shoulder straps, padded back supports, chest strap and waist strap
See our review of the iRocker Backpack Drybag and Cooler to learn more.
9 – Floating Phone Case
Even if your phone is waterproof, chances are it doesn’t float. You need a floating case to make sure it doesn’t go to the bottom. Your phone can get hot sitting in direct sunlight as well. The great cases from Phoozy such as the Apollo II Anti-Microbial can keep your phone afloat, cool, and free from mold and other dirt.
PHOOZY Apollo II Thermal Floating Phone Case with Antimicrobial Lining
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE – The PHOOZY has been featured by NEWSWEEK as the “Best iPhone 13 Pro Case” and by CONDE NAST TRAVELER as the “Must-Have Accessory For Adventure Travel”.
- GERMPROOF – New! AGION¨ Antimicrobial lining helps keep your PHOOZY and your devices more hygienically clean.
- INCREASED COLD, HOT, DROP, FLOAT PROTECTION – Uses patented NASA spacesuit technology to insulate your device in cold temperatures to extend battery life up to 4X. Patented Chromium Thermal Barrier also helps prevent overheating in hot conditions.
New customers receive 10% off at Phoozy.com! Use code PHOOZY10.
See our full review of the Phoozy XP3 and Phoozy Apollo II Anti-Microbial to learn more.
10 – Kayak seat
Sometimes you don’t want to stand and paddle. You can sit and paddle a paddle board without a seat. A seat provides some extra comfort and back support. I have used one a lot with my paddle boards and enjoy using them as inflatable sit on top kayaks as much as SUP boards. The basic seat is sold under a ton of brands on Amazon and works okay. If you plan on using this a lot I recommend looking for one of the versions with thicker padding.
See our article on making a SUP into a kayak to learn more.
WOOWAVE Kayak Seat
- SAFE AND DURABLE MATERIAL – The deluxe kayak seat is made of durable EVA foam high quality 210D polyester shell.
- ALL DAY COMFORT – Foam filled seat brings unparalleled comfort. Anti-slip design keeps the seat in place while out on the water. A contoured padded backrest provides more reliable support.
- EASY AND FAST INSTALLATION – This padded seat is easy to install and removal, fasten the connecting snaps of the straps on the attachment point of the kayak or paddleboard
11 – Kayak Conversion Kit
Many paddleboard makers sell a kayak conversion kit for their paddleboards. This usually consists of a seat and a paddle blade. The blade will slide into their paddle in place of the SUP Paddle handle. The seat will attach to D-Rings on the board. iRocker makes a nice conversion kit that works with all iRocker and Blackfin paddleboards. Check the website of your paddleboard brand to see if they offer a kayak conversion.
iRocker SUP TO KAYAK CONVERSION KIT
- Thick Cushioned Neoprene Material
- Adjustable Straps
- Bolt Snap Hooks
- Kayak Blade works with iRocker Paddle
- Transition from single blade paddle to dual blade Kayak paddle in seconds
- Remove T-Bar handle and insert Blade
12 – SUP deck bag
A deck bag that attaches to your D-Rings is a good way to store gear on your paddleboard. If you are touring and doing a longer trip you may need a bigger travel bag than a standard 5 liter dry bag.
Seattle Sports Deluxe 15L Kayak and Paddle Board Deck Bag
- VERSATILE – Provides Plenty of Storage, Tie-Down Points, Bungees, and Side Straps for Attaching Gear
- CUSTOMIZATION – Quick Release Buckle Side Straps, Diasy Chain Webbing for Lashing Points, and an External Bungee for Attaching Additional Gear
- FEATURES – Highly Reflective Silver Vinyl, Welded Seams, Zippered Opening with Storm Flap, and Clear Window for Locating Gear
- MULTIPLE USES – Great for Kayaks, Stand Up Paddleboards, and Other Watercraft with Tie Down Points
13 – Paddleboard bungee cord
Most paddleboards come with bungees attached to the D-Rings on at least one end of the board. Sometimes you need a longer bungee or you want one where your board doesn’t already have one. Bungees don’t last forever in the sun so it doesn’t hurt to have a spare one if you use them a lot.
D-Ring Patch Pads & 20ft Bungee Shock Cord Kit
- Bungee cord kit – Comes with 5mm 6m bungee cords which is flexible and wear-resistant, high breaking strength, strong UV resistance, with bungee shock cord hooks
- Many uses – Our kayak SUP Patch Kits are suitable for PVC inflatable boats, rafts, dinghies, kayaks, canoes, SUPs, surfboards, and have a wide range of applications. They are a perfect gift for your family and friends.
14 – Landing Mat
Inflatable paddle boards are easily damaged by rocks and sharp objects on the ground. A Landing Mat is great for covering the ground where you will be inflating and deflating your board. It is basically a long tarp sized to cover the ground underneath the average size paddle board (up to 11’8″). It will keep your board from getting scratched or punctured by rocks, sticks, glass, or other debris on the ground. iRocker and NIXY both sell a similar landing.
- PERFECT SIZE – Measuring 11′8″ (366 cm) x 4′7″ (145 cm)- Fits most stand up paddle boards, surf boards, scuba gear and more, protecting your equipment from any surface. Can sit 4-6 people if used as a mat at the beach.
- DURABLE, COMPACT AND LIGHT – Lightweight design, weighing only 1.2 lbs.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL – Bring it to the beach, camping, lawns, and even hiking to protect all your valuable belongings.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – Triple stitched, heavy duty 100% Ripstop Nylon for maximum strength and durability.
I use the iRocker landing mat any time I have to set my board down on pavement, gravel, sand or some other rough or dirty surface. It is big enough for most all around boards. My touring boards hang off the end a bit. It has 4 stakes that hold the mat down on windy days.
15 – Red Paddle Co Silent Air Remover
When you push the valve in to deflate your paddle board it makes a really loud high pitched noise. This can be as loud as 130 decibels which can damage your hearing over time. The Red Padde Co Silent Air Remover is a simple device that diffuses the air reducing the noise level down to under 80 db. If you use your paddle board often this is a great item to get that can easily be stored in your paddle board bag.
16 – Anchor
Sometimes you want to stop somewhere and go for a swim or snorkle and don’t want your paddle board to drift away. If you are doing SUP yoga you want your board to stay in place. An anchor is great for these times. A small anchor or weight can keep your board from drifting away. They don’t take up much space on deck while you are paddling.
iROCKER SUP Anchor
- Our NEW iRocker Anchor will make your paddle adventures even easier
- This small anchor is the perfect size for both easy transport and secure mooring
- The iRocker Anchor comes in its own transport bag, rope, and buoy
- Attach this rope to the D-ring on the front of your board and you will be ready to adventure and anchor with ease
- The weight of the anchor is 3.3lbs (1.5kg). The length of the rope is 64′ long.
17 – Fishing rod holder
If you like to go SUP fishing you need someplace to set your rod. A rod holder can attach to your D-Rings or an action mount and hold your fishing rod. You can install several if your someone who wants to use several rods while fishing. You have to buy adhesive mounts to attach most rod holders to a paddleboard in addition to the rod holder.
Scotty #230 Powerlock Rod Holder
- Most popular value priced, positive locking, open style rod holder; Power Lock Interior Diameter: 1.95″; Mount Dimensions: 4″ x 2″ x 2″; Bolting Dimension: 1 5/16″ x 3 3/16″
- Universal cradle holds almost any rod and reel setup and has a front locking ring to prevent rod loss when travelling
- Includes 241 Combination Side/Deck Mount and can be mounted on top or side of gunnel
- Designed as a multi-functional rod holder for a wide range of large/medium or small fish species and virtually any watercraft
18 – Paddleboard carrier
Inflated paddleboards are big and awkward to carry around. The handles in the middle of the board are good for short distances but aren’t great for long distances. A paddleboard carrier lets you carry the board with a shoulder strap which is a lot more comfortable. You can also use them for hanging up the board on the wall in your garage or shed if you want to leave it inflated.
iROCKER Carry Strap
- The iROCKER Padded Shoulder Strap provides comfort and adds portability to your iSUP when inflated.
- Integrates right along with the D-Rings located on the side of the deck pad, the same D-Rings used to attach the kayak seat.
- This Strap doubles as a belt using the integrated clips, equipped also with carabiner clips to attach your water bottle or other essentials.
19 – SUP leash
You don’t want to get separated from your paddleboard while out on the water. If there is some wind and waves your board can get away from you very quickly if you fall off into the water. An ankle safety leash will keep the board with you. A coiled leash will help keep the leash organized on your board.
BPS ‘Storm’ Premium Surf SUP Leash
- HIGH-QUALITY COILED LEASH FOR SUP – The BPS ‘Storm’ Premium stand up paddle board leash is designed with a super comfy, padded neoprene cuff featuring a key pocket and a quick-release tab.
- DURABLE, COMFORTABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT – BPS has sourced the best quality materials-trialed, tested, and thrashed to give you a long-lasting leash.
- DUAL SWIVEL FOR NO TANGLING & DRAGGING – The tight coiling equals NO kinking, leash dragging, or snagging submerged objects.
20 – SUP LED Lights
If you want to be out on the water after dark you need to have lights. Coast Guard requires lights on any boats operating after dark. You can use red and green LED lights on the front and a clear light on the back of your board so you can be out after dark.
NIXY NAVIGATION LIGHTS
- NIXY Rechargeable Marine Navigation Lights in Red, Green, and White for SUP, Kayak, Dinghy, and More …
- Nothing beats a day or night on the water. Navigation lights help to ensure visibility to other boats when you are underway or anchored at night. Watching the sunset over the water from your paddleboard or kayak is a great way to relax, until you realize you must paddle back in the dark while being practically invisible to other boats.
- Bright Lights in Red, Green, and White
- Easy to Install
- USB Rechargeable
- 4 Different Modes
21 – GoPro camera
GoPro and other action cameras are great for capturing your paddling session. You can capture all the scenery and fun you had. There are a variety of ways to mount the camera to your board or paddle to give you different views.
GoPro HERO10 Black
- Revolutionary Processor – Faster. Smoother. Better. The powerful new GP2 engine changes the game—snappy performance, responsive touch controls and double the frame rate for amazingly smooth footage.
- High-Res Photos plus Videos, High Frame Rate – Step up to the sharpest-shooting GoPro ever. Upgraded to incredible 23MP photos and 5.3K video resolution at 60fps
- Unbelievable Image Quality – Shoot with fine detail, realistic textures, and stunning contrast, even in low light. Images look their best thanks to a new water-shedding hydrophobic lens cover that repels water while helping to eliminate lens flare and other artifacts.
22 – Water bottle
I get thirsty when I’m out paddling for a while. A good water bottle is a necessity for preventing dehydration. Epic Water Bottles with filters are a great way to always have water. You never know how clean the water source is at the lake. They can be stored in your gear bag or bungees on your paddle board.
Epic Water Filters Epic Nalgene OG Grande Bottle
- FILTERED WATER BOTTLE (LEAD WATER FILTER) – This Nalgene water bottle with filter uses depth & adsorption filtration to be the perfect water purifier. Adsorption removes particulates via the activated coconut carbon fiber mesh surface areas, which adsorbs contaminants such as cysts, heavy metals, chemicals & pharmaceuticals.
- NO MORE EXPENSIVE SINGLE USE PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES – This water bottle with filter for tap water saves the Earth over 550 plastic single use water bottles.
- REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE – At Epic Water Filters, we believe in building products that never become obsolete. When you invest in our filtered water bottle, you get a modular system designed to perform for years to come.
Get 10% Off your order with coupon code GETEPICTEN at Epic Water Filters
See our review of the Epic Water Filters Nalgene Bottle to learn more.
23 – Rashguard
Rashguards can provide UV protection for your skin. They also help regulate your temperature. They can help keep you cool on hot days if you get them wet. They help you feel warmer on cool days because they keep the water from evaporating off your skin. They make wetsuits more comfortable to wear because they give you a layer between your skin and neoprene. I wear one most of the time when paddleboarding on hot or cool days.
See our guide to what to wear paddle boarding for other clothing ideas.
24 – Polarized Sunglasses
Sunglasses are important for protecting your eyes while you are out on the water. Water reflects the sunlight making it very hazardous to your eyes. A good set of sunglasses will help protect your eyesight and make it easier to see. Polarized lenses work especially well on the water. They reduce the glare from the reflections. Outdoor Master makes really good low cost optics including sunglasses. We wear them all the time when we’re on the water or snow.
Outdoor Master Sport Sunglasses
- POLARIZED – Polarized lens blocks the direct sunlight and reflection,protecting you from the glare and greatly improves your visual experience, especially for fishing and kayaking in the harsh sunlight.
- HD VISUAL EXPERIENCE – By studying the structure of the human visual system and calculating the optical refraction accurately, we developed the first HD lens that offers a clearer view and effectively reduces the visual fatigue caused by distortion.
- MEMORY FRAMES – Frames made with TR90 are extremely light and durable, making the frames resilient to damage.
Use the Coupon Code ERO2022 for 20% off at OutdoorMaster.com
25 – SUP sock
A SUP sock is a cover for your SUP board that protects it from the sun and UV rays. It will prevent the materials of your board from breaking down from sun exposure. It will also keep the colors from fading. It will help prevent your board from overheating and becoming damaged from overpressure after it heats up. If you store your inflatable SUP board inflated outside a SUP sock is a good idea to help make your board last longer.
VAMO Stand Up Paddleboard 4-Way Stretch, UV Board Cover
- VAMO UV Board covers are made with 3/8″ thick 4 way stretch UV protectant nylon/lycra. VAMO board covers keep your board up to 30 degrees cooler in the sun and keeps your board from oxidizing (discoloring). It also protects from the degradation of inflatable paddleboard PVC and keeps it like new.
- Easy To Use – VAMO UV board covers slip on and off in seconds. No need to mess around with straps and ties.
- Travel Safe Protection – Double lined nose and tail add durability and increase padding for protection from any bumps along the way from your garage to the water.
- UV protectant 4-Way stretch fabric conforms to round or displacement hull nose boards.
Stand up paddle boarding is a great water sport. Inflatable boards make it even easier and more fun to do. If your looking for a way to make the experience even better try out some of our best SUP accessories.
You might also like:
- The Best Electric Paddle Board Pumps Helpful Guide
- Do You Need A Life Jacket To Paddle Board?
- Chasing Blue SUP Review – Infinite 10’6″ – A Great All Around iSUP
- The Best Inflatable Touring SUPs Of 2022 Helpful Guide
About the author
My name is Doug Ryan. I am an outdoors enthusiast always looking forward to my next adventure. I spend as much time skiing, biking, and paddleboarding as I can. I decided to start Endless Rush Outdoors as a way to share my knowledge and enthusiasm for all things outdoor adventures and to help other people have as much fun as me.